I’ve known Giovanni Pernice for years & am glad world’s seeing him for who he truly is, says dancer in damning statement

A DANCER says she is glad the world is seeing Strictly Come Dancing star Giovanni Pernice for who he truly is. Korina Travis, 29, who performed with him at private functions, has released a damning statement about his behaviour. InstagramDancer Korina Travis performed with Giovanni Pernice at private functions and has made a damning statement about his behaviour[/caption] Talent TalksKorina said of Giovanni: ‘I’ve known him for years as a fellow competitor and he has done horrendous things to me’[/caption] Talent TalksShe added: ‘I will not speak about my experiences with him but I’m glad the world is seeing him for who he truly is’[/caption] GettyGiovanni quit the show as three of his celebrity dance partners logged separate complaints with top legal firm Carter-Ruck[/caption] She said of Giovanni: “I’ve known him for years as a fellow competitor and he has done horrendous things to me. “I will not speak about my experiences with him but I’m glad the world is seeing him for who he truly is. “I’ll leave it at that.” Korina was considered for Strictly as part of a push for younger pros in 2016, but BBC chiefs opted for Chloe Hewitt. She is now performing for ballroom company Burn the Floor, working alongside dozens of ex-Strictly dancers. STATEMENT IN FULL KORINA Travis has made a damning statement about Strictly Come Dancing star Giovanni Pernice's behaviour. She said of Giovanni: “I’ve known him for years as a fellow competitor and he has done horrendous things to me. “I will not speak about my experiences with him but I’m glad the world is seeing him for who he truly is. “I’ll leave it at that.” The Sun revealed last week that the BBC was launching an internal probe into Giovanni’s behaviour on the popular Saturday night spectacle. And the 33-year-old has since quit the show as three of his former celebrity dance partners logged separate complaints with top legal firm Carter-Ruck. They have not been named, but are understood to include Amanda Abbington, who quit the last series early, claiming she was bullied, as revealed by The Sun on Sunday. A source who worked with dancers who performed with Giovanni on his stage tours told The Sun how Korina’s experience was echoed by others. They claim one female dancer was left exhausted by “gruelling repeat numbers” in rehearsals and one male pro had a bust-up with Gio about the “lack of breaks”. Our source said: “With Gio, he is either on top form or you are in for a day of hell. “He is a self-confessed perfectionist and this was inflicted across the cast and crews on the tours. “Many have little positive to say about their experiences.” Giovanni staunchly defended himself following the news of the complaints against him on Strictly. He said on social media: “I reject any suggestion of abusive or threatening behaviour and I look forward to clearing my name.” Carter-Ruck confirmed it is gathering evidence to present to the BBC. The Sun can also reveal Giovanni’s former Strictly partner Rose Ayling-Ellis, with whom he won in 2021, has distanced herself from him after the complaints. A source said: “Rose is finding the situation tough. She had a great experience with Gio so is really shocked by it all.” Giovanni told The Sun he would not be making any further comment. Korina was considered for Strictly as part of a push for younger pros in 2016, but BBC chiefs opted for Chloe Hewitt insteadInstagram InstagramShe is now performing for ballroom company Burn the Floor[/caption] InstagramShe is working alongside dozens of ex-Strictly dancers[/caption] InstagramKorina’s post about Gio on her Instagram[/caption] The Sun on Sunday’s front page exclusively revealed Amanda Abbingdon’s ‘Gio hell’

I’ve known Giovanni Pernice for years & am glad world’s seeing him for who he truly is, says dancer in damning statement

A DANCER says she is glad the world is seeing Strictly Come Dancing star Giovanni Pernice for who he truly is.

Korina Travis, 29, who performed with him at private functions, has released a damning statement about his behaviour.

Instagram
Dancer Korina Travis performed with Giovanni Pernice at private functions and has made a damning statement about his behaviour[/caption]
Talent Talks
Korina said of Giovanni: ‘I’ve known him for years as a fellow competitor and he has done horrendous things to me’[/caption]
Talent Talks
She added: ‘I will not speak about my experiences with him but I’m glad the world is seeing him for who he truly is’[/caption]
Getty
Giovanni quit the show as three of his celebrity dance partners logged separate complaints with top legal firm Carter-Ruck[/caption]

She said of Giovanni: “I’ve known him for years as a fellow competitor and he has done horrendous things to me.

“I will not speak about my experiences with him but I’m glad the world is seeing him for who he truly is.

“I’ll leave it at that.”

Korina was considered for Strictly as part of a push for younger pros in 2016, but BBC chiefs opted for Chloe Hewitt.

She is now performing for ballroom company Burn the Floor, working alongside dozens of ex-Strictly dancers.

STATEMENT IN FULL

KORINA Travis has made a damning statement about Strictly Come Dancing star Giovanni Pernice's behaviour.

She said of Giovanni: “I’ve known him for years as a fellow competitor and he has done horrendous things to me.

“I will not speak about my experiences with him but I’m glad the world is seeing him for who he truly is.

“I’ll leave it at that.”

The Sun revealed last week that the BBC was launching an internal probe into Giovanni’s behaviour on the popular Saturday night spectacle.

And the 33-year-old has since quit the show as three of his former celebrity dance partners logged separate complaints with top legal firm Carter-Ruck.

They have not been named, but are understood to include Amanda Abbington, who quit the last series early, claiming she was bullied, as revealed by The Sun on Sunday.

A source who worked with dancers who performed with Giovanni on his stage tours told The Sun how Korina’s experience was echoed by others.

They claim one female dancer was left exhausted by “gruelling repeat numbers” in rehearsals and one male pro had a bust-up with Gio about the “lack of breaks”.

Our source said: “With Gio, he is either on top form or you are in for a day of hell.

“He is a self-confessed perfectionist and this was inflicted across the cast and crews on the tours.

“Many have little positive to say about their experiences.”

Giovanni staunchly defended himself following the news of the complaints against him on Strictly.

He said on social media: “I reject any suggestion of abusive or threatening behaviour and I look forward to clearing my name.”

Carter-Ruck confirmed it is gathering evidence to present to the BBC.

The Sun can also reveal Giovanni’s former Strictly partner Rose Ayling-Ellis, with whom he won in 2021, has distanced herself from him after the complaints.

A source said: “Rose is finding the situation tough. She had a great experience with Gio so is really shocked by it all.”

Giovanni told The Sun he would not be making any further comment.

Korina was considered for Strictly as part of a push for younger pros in 2016, but BBC chiefs opted for Chloe Hewitt instead
Instagram
Instagram
She is now performing for ballroom company Burn the Floor[/caption]
Instagram
She is working alongside dozens of ex-Strictly dancers[/caption]
Instagram
Korina’s post about Gio on her Instagram[/caption]
The Sun on Sunday’s front page exclusively revealed Amanda Abbingdon’s ‘Gio hell’